In addition to any other blogs that I write, I intend to have a regular blog called “3 good things”. This is the first of these blogs at this point, but we’ll see how it goes. I tend to look at the negative more than I should and this is a reminder that good things happen to each of us every day. (Or at least to me since I’m the one writing this……) These are in no particular order.
- I went to Target after work to get some prescriptions and while I waited I wandered over to the clothes area. I found a really cute skirt, tried it on, and it looked great on me. Plus it’s a smaller size than what I’ve been able to wear for a while. Woooo! Go veegatarianism! (It’s a long “e” sound – the extra one is intentional. Patent pending on veegetarian.)
- I got to spend extra quality time with my husband, Ryan, today since I took him to work. He is my best friend and the more time I get to spend with him (within limits) the happier I am. Our relationship has gotten better and better and sometimes I just can’t believe that I get to wake up next to him every day.
- Ryan helped me get some of the programmers from his company to speak in a panel discussion for our game programming major on Saturday. I had never met any of them so I really needed his help on getting the word out. On top of him being so awesome and helpful, two of the programmers actually volunteered to speak on the panel. The students are going to learn a lot.
While I didn’t get to watch The Who perform at the Harmonix party for Rock Band last night (like my coworker, Veronica – who I informed about the party in the first place) I think my day turned out pretty damn good just the same. Roger Daltrey doesn’t look nearly as good as he did in the “Tommy” days anyway.
Things to work on tomorrow:
- Contact even more companies to help graduates find employment. It bums me out that a number of my really talented graduates aren’t working yet. I know that a lot of it is the state of the industry but no one from either of my majors has gotten hired in over a week. I’m trying!
- Patience. Things will work themselves out in their own time. (This seems to contradict the first one….)